Trade Area Systems (or TAS for short) makes data visualization software that helps retailers make smarter, better real estate decisions. Our roster of clients includes 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, and Hot Topic. Located in the heart of downtown Providence, we are a small company with big ideas, re-defining an entire industry with our tools and services. As a Software Quality Assurance Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of it for this internship, and potentially beyond.
Our work environment and culture combines a high level of professionalism and serious work ethic with a casual atmosphere. TAS is a place where people know how to enjoy their work.
You will be a crucial part of the quality assurance team, interfacing with our roster of retail clients, helping them to get the most out of our game-changing technology.
- Design, develop and prioritize test plans, scenarios, and scripts
- Troubleshoot programming throughout development iterations; monitor bug resolution efforts and track results and defects
- Help execute and improve our QA process supporting Agile/Scrum software development
- Participate in customer and team meetings
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- You’re currently working on a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar area of study.
- You understand the software development lifecycle
- You have programming experience with C#, Java, C++, or Python
- You’re an analytical troubleshooter and team player, driven by a desire to understand problems and design and implement solutions, independently and collaboratively.
- You are able to manage your time and tasks effectively and independently
- You have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- You can effectively communicate your thoughts, ideas, and opinions to people with different backgrounds and skillsets.
- You can listen, be patient, educate others and yourself, and appreciate all perspectives.
- Experience with test automation tools used to test data-intensive web-based and n-tier applications.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server