Trade Area Systems (or TAS for short) makes data visualization software that helps retailers make smarter, better real estate decisions. Our roster of clients includes 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, and Hot Topic. Located in the heart of downtown Providence, we are a small company with big ideas. That’s where you come in! We’re looking for a smart and talented Visual Design Intern to help us make many of those big ideas a reality.
This is a paid position at the rate of $15.00/hour, and we are seeking someone who can commit to 20 hours per week.
The Graphic Design Intern for TAS will report to the Director of Marketing but will collaborate across multiple departments including marketing, sales, client success, and product. You will also work closely with designers and developers from our agency of record.
Like all internships since the dawn of time, this will have its share of work that while necessary, may not be mind-blowingly exciting. However, there will be a healthy amount of other projects that will allow you to showcase your imagination, passion, and any other traits and skills you feel will make this experience valuable and enriching. You will never get anyone coffee. It comes free here, as does soda and several varieties of Vitamin Water Zero.
Some of What You’ll Be Doing:
- Create visual assets for a variety of channels including web, digital, social, email, print and others as assigned.
- Edit and manage a growing database of vector-based logos for our roster of retail clients. These logos are populated within our suite of mapping, demographic, and visualization software tools.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and our agency of record on larger projects including but not limited to product branding, landing pages, infographics, advertising campaign creative, event and trade show visual elements, and UI/UX focused tasks and projects.
- Collaborate with software and product team on creating wireframes and prototypes for new products.
Ideal Qualifications and Requirements:
- You should have an online portfolio or PDF showcasing a broad range of visual design projects, whether they be personal, for school, or professional (this is extremely important)
- You should be well-versed in current graphic, web, and UX best practices and methodologies. You have a passion for people-centered design experiences.
- You’re proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator in particular. Experience with motion graphics including video editing and GIF creation is a big plus.
- You can effectively communicate your thoughts, ideas, and opinions to people with different backgrounds and skillsets.
- You have some experience with and a lot of passion for interface design. You love designing for humans.
- You can listen, be patient, educate others and yourself, and appreciate all perspectives.
- You have the capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively with small teams, both in-person and remotely.